The Lloyd brand logo was created in 1908, when Norddeutscher Lloyd, a shipping company, opened a car manufacturing subsidiary, Norddeutsche Automobil und Motoren GmbH. The brand existed until 1963, when it ceased to exist. Contrary to usual, the logo was not built according to the principles typical for European heraldry, but it retained many signs of exactly this origin. Thus, the logo form (an isosceles triangle) with the images enclosed inside it and the brand name refer to mirror geometric heraldic structures. The central figure of the logo can be considered the seven vertical red lines selected by color, which, with a slight tension of imagination, are added to a triangle that repeats the main figure of the logo. The basis of this triangle was the name of the trademark.